Jordon and I are going to get one in the new year.
I worked all summer long at Safeway on 33rd. I guess this means I passed my probationary period and they intend to keep me.
- I used the money to buy a lot of t-shirts in Banff and Moraine Lake, a new lens for my camera, a great looking Timex Expedition watch, and all of my Christmas shopping.
- Who was done his Christmas shopping in August? This guy.
- We went to Banff and Yoho National Parks despite dad being really sick.
- Dad pulled it together and still was a lot of fun on the trip.
- We hiked in the backcountry.
- Oliver and I got lost in the woods.
- Dad was almost eaten by a bear.
- We discovered Montreal Smoked Meat Crepes.
- I found out that Lake Louise is just minutes away from British Columbia.
- We went to Fort Carlton and I learned a bunch of Treaty 6 history with Oliver, Mom and Dad. I enjoyed it a lot. Dad and I walked around outside the fort (and were eaten alive by bugs) while Mom and Oliver made bannock. Oddly enough there were no bugs inside the fort the day we were there.
- I wasn’t going to play football after the trainwreck of a season I had last year but I had a lot of long talks with Dad about it who reminded me that everyone gets knocked down, it’s how you get up is what is important. So when football started a week ago, I was out there. It felt good.
I babysit Oliver all summer long. Well technically the dog is in charge but if there is something she can’t do because of a lack of opposable thumbs, I have to do it.
I don’t really babysit Oliver anymore, he is pretty chill but Dad cut me a deal and said that if I take care of him and the dog, I could pick out a lens I want.
The first couple of lenses I wanted are only made for Canon and Nikon. After suggesting them both Dad and I cried a little bit. I then asked for a 70-300 lens so I can shoot some outside sports. Dad was cool with that and tonight on the first day of school, he gave me a Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro Telephoto Zoom Lens.
I am taking yearbook for credit this year and this means that I can get some better shots of activities and sports around Bedford Road Collegiate Institute and the city.
Sigh. I dropped my Windows Phone and killed it the other day. In the last year I have wrecked three phones and a tablet. Dad and Mom are about to lose it. I think the vein on his head is still pulsating. That’s not good. Not only that but I just paid back dad this week for the phone I broke.
I am working but I need to stop breaking my phones.
Mom moved from Bell Mobility to Fido because she gets more data for less money and upgraded from her Samsung Galaxy Prime to a Motorola Moto G4 Plus. She told me that I could buy her phone for $50. She had a white case for it and I bought a new charcoal case for $30. We set up both her phone and my phone this morning.
The good news is that while doing it, Samsung sent a big Android update which updated the phone. It’s not a gaming phone which is fine by me. I need it to text, check email, and keep in contact with work, Jordon, Wendy, and Oliver. It also plays Spotify well.
Now I just need to stop dropping devices.
On our last full day in Banff National Park, Dad took us to Moraine Lake where we hiked around the iconic lake. It was a great hike and a lot of fun.
Some photos of Lake Louise that I took while up there last week.
A moment after I took this photo, Dad realized the pockets to his pants looked soaked. It has just poured rain and he had his hands in his pockets as we walked. They got soaked while the rest of his shorts remained dry.
- Large, weather resistant, hard shell EVA case for camera and accessories
- Head mount
- Chest mount
- 2x Curved adhesive mounts
- 2x Flat adhesive mounts
- Suction cup mount
- Pro compact extension pole
- ¼” tripod adapter mount
- Quick release mount
- Velcro strap for GoPro remote
- Nylon pouch bag for accessories
- Bike handlebar mount
- 90 degree right angle mount
- ¼” Universal camera adapter mount for GoPro.
Well I finally have my first full paycheck from working at Safeway. Some idiot stole my backpack a couple of weeks ago so I had to replace that with my first partial paycheck. With my full check, I had to use most of it to pay Dad back for my Windows 10 cell phone. He suggested I keep back some of it and get myself something. I had been looking at smart watches but what do I need a Pebble or a Apple Watch for? I don’t. I just want a nice watch that I can wear every day.
Dad has Timex Expedition Atlantis watch in silver and black and I have always liked it. I saw one in black and realized it was the one I wanted so I bought this for myself with my own money. It feels pretty good. It looks good too.